Who we are:
Islington Nurseries Ltd., is a family owned business and has been operating in Etobicoke since 1958. High standards and dependability are the foundation on which our company continues to grow. We offer a full range of construction, landscaping and maintenance services in the GTA. Our services including hardscaping (concrete, interlock, natural stone), soft scaping, grading, retaining walls, planting, sodding. Year-round work opportunities are available with winter maintenance operations.
We are currently hiring a Hardscape Construction Foreman to join our team.
What we offer:
- Secure, year-round opportunities
- Opportunity to develop and refine your skills through on- and off-site training and education
- Supportive, team-based approach to reaching work goals
- Competitive wages
- Company benefits
- Oversee a crew of skilled labourers.
- Maintain simple daily work logs, including production notes and site information.
- Responsible for site/crew safety.
- Strength in one of the following areas; interlock, natural stone, retaining walls, concrete work.
- Interpret landscape drawings, then be able to prepare site layout and grading.
- Mechanically inclined and able to perform preventative minor maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Work extended hours and Saturdays as required.
- Proven employment history with the same employer for two or more years.
- Ability to motivate staff, through strong leadership skills.
- Strong work ethic is necessary to lead by example.
- Solid understanding of landscape materials gained from experience.
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
- Valid “G” class drivers license.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs
Pay is based on experience.
Thank you for your interest. We thank all applicants. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.